Bid Description:LEASING AND DEVELOPMENT OF DIFFERENT PROPERTIES FOR REVENUE GENERATION AND OTHER PURPOSES
Name of Institution:Department of Public Works & Infrastructure
Place where goods, works or services are required:Eastern Cape
Where bid documents can be obtained:
Physical Address:Tender documents are downloadable for free of charge from National Treasury’s eTender Portal: (http://www.etenders.gov.za/content/advertised-tenders) or from the Department of Public Works and Infrastructure website (www.ecdpw.gov.za/tenders) from 06 November 2020. Due to COVID-19 documents will not be available at departmental offices.
Where bids should be delivered:
Physical Address:Ground Floor Foyer, DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS AND INFRASTRACTURE: INDEPENDENCE AVENUE QHASANA BUILDING
A Optional briefing session will be held on:
Date:26 November 2020
Venue:Bhisho Massacre Memorial Centre at Bhisho
1. Due to Covid-19 safety regulations, no prospective bidders will be allowed at the opening of the tender box; register will be published on the departmental website (www.ecdpw.gov.za/tenders)
2. Validity period is 120 days.
3. The preferred bidder will have to undertake or complete the proposed development in no longer than 36 months unless determined otherwise by the Department. In the event that the bidder fails to complete the project within the stipulated time of 24 months, the bidder will be liable for occupational rent which shall be determined by a professional registered Valuer.
4. The Department will contract with the successful bidder by signing a long term lease agreement. 3.2.3 Due to the nature and extent of the development of vacant land which normally leads to escalation It would also be the successful bidder’s responsibility to pay for property rates & taxes as well as all municipal services over the lease period.
5. The rent will commence after 24 months to allow for construction.
6. The DPWI reserves the right to award to one bidder more than one erf except those that are grouped.
The Department reserves the right not to award the bid to the highest rental offering bidder