TENDER NUMBER: COM P5/2020
DESCRIPTION : COMMUNITY SERVICES RATES TENDER FOR BUILDING, CIVIL AND FENCING WORKS (2 YEARS)
CLOSING DATE : 01 December 2020
CLOSING TIME : 10H00
Bids will be opened in the Civic Centre, 1st Floor, Berg River Boulevard, Paarl in public at 10h15.
CIDB : Tenderers must be registered with the CIDB in a relevant class of construction works
and have a grading designation equal to or higher than that determined in accordance with
the sum tendered or a value determined in accordance with regulation 25(7A) of the
Construction Industry Development Regulations, 2004. It is estimated that tenderers will
need a grading designation of 1GB, 1CE, 1SQ or higher.
INFORMATION : Obtain documentation:
Mr Craig Du Plessis, 1st Floor, 1 Market Street, Hoog-En-Droog, Paarl, 7646
Office hours for collection:
08h30 – 15h00 as from 29 October 2020. A non-refundable fee of R400.00 is payable to
Drakenstein Municipality for collection of documents.
A compulsory clarification meeting will be held on 5th November 2020 at 10:00 at the Paarl Town Hall, Cnr Main Road & Faure Street, Paarl . Bidders that fail to attend the compulsory clarification meeting will be disqualified. A representative may only represent one tenderer at this meeting. Bidders that arrive after the starting time of the compulsory clarification meeting as indicated, will be disqualified.
Local production and content is applicable to this bid. Bidders must use the exchange rate published by the South African Reserve Bank (SARB) at 12:00 on 29 October 2020. The guidance document for the calculation of local content is included in the bid document and is also available on the municipality’s website by following the Supply Chain Management link. If raw material or input to be used for a specific item is not available locally, bidders should obtain written authorisation from the dti should there be a need to import such raw material or input. A copy of the authorisation letter must be submitted together with this tender document at the closing date and time of bid.
Bids may only be submitted on the bid documentation provided by the municipality and must remain valid for a minimum of 120 days after bid closing.
Telegraphic, telephonic, telex, facsimile, e-mailed or late tenders will not be accepted. The lowest, only or any bid shall not necessarily be accepted and the Council reserves the right to accept any part of the bid.
TENDERS TO BE DEPOSITED IN: The tender box 1 in the foyer of the Civic Centre, Drakenstein Municipality, Berg River Boulevard, PAARL, 7620. The tender box 1 is open from Mondays until Thursdays from 08:00 until 16:45 and on Fridays from 08:00 until 15:30. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
NOTE: This tender will be evaluated in terms of the Preferential Procurement Regulations, 2017 that was promulgated by the Minister of Finance on 20 January 2017 in Government Gazette No 40553. Please take note of the responsiveness criteria as stipulated in the tender document.
PROCUREMENT PREFERENCE POINT SYSTEM: 80/20
The successful bidder will be required to fill in and sign a written contract form.
The following conditions to bid exist (failure to comply may result in your bid being disqualified):
1. This bid is subject to the General Conditions of contract for Construction works and special conditions of CIDB and Supply Chain Management;
2. Relevant specifications;
3. Bidders must be registered on Drakenstein Municipality’s supplier database if they wish to conduct business with the municipality.
4. The tax status requirements as per MBD 1 (Part B) must be complied with. No contract will be awarded to any bidder that is not deemed tax compliant at the date of award.
5. Bids submitted must be in a sealed envelope clearly marked with the bid number, placed in the tender box 1 before closing time. Failure will result in the bid being invalid.
6. Functionality is applicable to this bid. Bidders are required to attain a minimum score of 70% or 70/100 for functionality in order to be further evaluated in terms of the preference points system.